Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wine Tasting

Well, this is very interesting for those wine drinkers out there....



We are having a wine tasting at our local club. And I thought it might be fun to have a "personal" tasting between Tom and I to see which wine we should bring.


I have 4 wines, prices ranging from 5.00 to 17.00. So this is totally 'do-able' for those on a budget.






I arranged 4 glasses with 'post-it-notes' on each glass. I had a master list which told me which wine was which. Which I promptly forgot! So that was good as far as my tasting was concerned. ha ha






I poured wine into each glass, and had crackers to eat in between. It was so interesting to see that he and I were on the polar opposite on the range of Chardonnays.  He chose one that I thought was bad, and visa versa.  But as it turned out, the one in the middle (with 3 stars) we agreed on. So that's the one I 
will be bringing.  It is Cupcake Vineyards, Livermore, California!!!


Ha! Who knew?


Why don't you have some people over, and have a blind tasting. Have everyone bring an appetizer and a bottle of wine wrapped in foil (so no one can tell what it is). Have prizes for best 'cheap' wine, best white and best red.


Sounds like fun to me...!
:D




No comments:

Post a Comment