Friday, September 2, 2011

Art in the Orchard

Not only do I love making new stuff from old things,but I love selling them even more!

The last weekend of August I spent a wonderful two days with my daughter Dana in the middle of an apple orchard.
We were selling our creations at the El Dorado County Artists sponsored: Art in the Orchard.
In the middle of this beautiful apple orchard, there were artists of all kinds. Fine art, crafts, handmade goodies galore. Along with live music, food, and fun events for kids, we had a great two days.

Dana made hats, bags, and wallets, as well as her fine art set up on apple crates  I had Betsy's (Dana's twin sister) prints and cards as well.
Besides these awesome creations, I had my own recycled aluminum can jewelry, and fused glass stuff. I also made some recycled beer bottle glasses, as well as recycled fabric bags and tins.

The weather was hot, the company was exceptional and the scenery was beautiful. All who came had a fun time, and we enjoyed each and every person who stopped by to chat, shop and enjoy our wares.

For a sneak peek at the kids' stuff check out their websites:
dana@danabetsy.com  and betsy@danabetsy.com  and of course mine: http://www.arttowearbydee.etsy.com/

Tip of the day:
I use a carabiner (that I took off my metal water bottle)  to secure my keys onto the outside of my purse. I got tired of hunting for my car keys at the bottom of the abyss, so now I attach them to the outside of my purse, and can lock the car, and unlock it, while the keys are dangling on the outside of my bag. And I find them in a snap.
It's so much faster and easier, and I'm much happier. :)

That's all for now!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment