Friday, February 24, 2012

Sew what what now?

Well, the Valentine/hearts/flowers/love stuff is over. Fun while it lasted.

Everyone was screaming for the earrings I make out of recycled aluminum cans for Valentine's Day. So I was making tons of pink and red heart earrings.
I ran around to the shops that carry my stuff, to make sure they were stocked up on the Valentine/hearts/flowers/love stuff. I sold some, but...
Now, I have a bunch of these pink and red hearts leftover. That's okay, I'll put them away for next Valentine's Day.
And guess what...next holiday is St. Patrick's Day. So I have to get revved up for that.

And now we are all drinking sodas out of cans that have green on them...
Except my husband who opts for beer out of green cans.
We're all trying to get into the shamrock groove.

So while I'm transitioning, this week I'm highlighting my daughters' blogs:
Dana's blog:
http://www.apairofneedles.blogspot.com/
Betsy's blog:
http://melittaberze.blogspot.com/

Please check them out, they are clever crafters/sewers/knitters/artists!
I'll be working on the leprechaun stuff.

tip of the day:
I went shopping today, and bacon was on sale, buy one get one free.
So of course I bought 4! But I know I can't use all that bacon at once. So what I did was cut the package in half, and froze the individual packs in quart size zip loc bags. So now when I need bacon, I can thaw out 1/2 a package, which is just the right size for the two of us. (what we don't use at breakfast, I make BLT's or bacon crumbles for salad.) Plus, the 1/2 pieces fit into the pan a lot easier than larger pieces.

That's all for this week.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment