Friday, January 13, 2012

pie crusty

      I had a chance to visit Seattle before Christmas. We had a wonderful time with our daughter, Betsy and her husband Justin the week before. And while we were out and about, they were very accommodating and let me seek out a shop that had purchased my pie servers on Etsy.
     So we wound around the city after breakfast and finally found Pie Ala Mode. And lo and behold inside were my 5 pie servers (fused glass and wire wrapping) in a cool display area.
     We bought a whole pie to go, which was incredibly delicious and took these pictures along the way.










Hi Me! Hopefully they will sell and I will get some more commissions!  But it was so fun to visit with the kids and enjoy a super great holiday!

tip of the day:
I was doing some super cleaning, and coming upon my mom's wine glasses that were in the back of my china cabinet, I found several nicks in the rims. My mom passed away in 2006, and I saved many of her things, and among them were these wine glasses. She even kept the little labels on the stem bottoms stating that they were made in Germany. They were precious to her, and so very precious to me.

Anyway...I have decided that I would not just put my special things away for safe keeping - but USE them. So I wanted to pass on this tip.

If you have little nicks in your glasses, put them under the faucet, with running water trickling over them, use sandpaper to sand down the sharp edges.  Depending upon the nick, you may have a little dip in the glass, but at least you can still use it. Make sure you sand the inside, top, and outer edge. The thinner the glass, the less you need to sand. It sure beats throwing them away! Cheers!

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY today TO DANA AND BETSY!!! xoxoxoxoxo smh

That's all for this week!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment